Reports To: Manager, Valuation
Position Summary: Reporting to the Valuation Manager, the Senior Analyst, Valuation will be responsible for contributing to the valuation of investment properties for the CAPREIT Canadian portfolio for financial reporting purposes.
- Contribute to the valuation process of the Canadian portfolio for financial reporting purposes.
- Prepare direct capitalization and discounted cash flow valuation models primarily using Argus Enterprise, excel, and other BI tools (BPC).
- Conduct market research to validate the data and support assumptions used in the valuation models.
- Coordinating and administrating external valuations with third-party appraisers as part of ongoing valuation process.
- Review and summarize third-party valuations to ensure accuracy and reasonability of comparable transactions and market inputs.
- Maintain quarterly portfolio valuation modeling through necessary updates including rental assumptions and capitalization rates.
- Review NOI forecasts on quarterly basis, and use it to update valuation models.
- Preparation of high level analysis for quarterly and annual valuation results for management.
- Collaborate with internal teams to validate data used in the valuation models.
- Support other internal teams such as acquisition and development with appraisals and models, as and when required.
- Assist in the preparation of the Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements on a quarterly and annual basis
- Liaise with external auditors to address valuation specific requirements related to the quarterly and year end audit review process.
- Support the team in strengthening controls for the development of internal valuation processes.
- 3+ years of work experience in commercial property valuations; experience in multifamily will be desirable
- AACI designation or AIC candidate member
- Advanced skills in excel is required
- Experience with ARGUS Enterprise
- Financial modeling
- Attention to detail and analytical
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment with tight deadlines
Reports To: Sr. Director, Sustainability & Conservation
Summary: The Energy Controls Specialist will be responsible for the identification, implementation and reporting of energy saving opportunities across the CAPREIT portfolio. The minimum duties are expressed below.
Energy Saving Opportunities &Action Plan - Identify, assess, prioritize and recommend energy-saving opportunity projects including both capital improvement projects and operational and maintenance changes. This will include the preparation of business cases to justify capital expenditures.
Budgeting & Forecasting– Assist in preparing and maintaining the annual capital expenditure budget for Energy Conservation projects across CAPREIT’s portfolio. Participate in quarterly forecasting exercises to maintain an updated project pipeline to ensure accurate implementation of expected budget execution.
Energy Tracking & Monitoring - Provide a database and an energy tracking and monitoring system for each Facility/process that captures current monthly energy consumption and an electrical load inventory of major equipment.
Primary Assessment– Review existing energy study reports and perform a high-level assessment, including a walk-through audit of each major process area of each site, to identify energy saving opportunities and to identify which systems will require more detailed evaluations.
Maintenance and Operating Schedules - Working with Technical Services, review and provide a description of the control systems, operating schedules, and maintenance practices at each facility/process to identify operational savings. Develop maintenance practices and programs to enhance energy efficiency. Examples would include: reprogramming controls to shutdown equipment and lighting when not required, developing a checklist to ensure that all shutdown procedures are properly implemented and followed.
BAS Control Integration - With support from the BAS group provide assessment of existing BAS installed base and recommend modifications to design and programming to demonstrably improve performance, primarily through optimization of control program algorithms. Identify BAS parameter “creep” and reset systems as required. Perform tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned tasks, including system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning. Respond to resident heating complaints as required. Regularly monitor systems and identify upgrades as required. Travel to various sites is required
System Programming - Translate BAS Design documents into technical deliverables, such as 1) Controller and Database programs 2) Configure system alarms, trends, users and permissions 3) Update BAS Design documents for as-builts and update document database
Installation Coordination - Provide work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers as necessary
System and Network Commissioning - With support from sub trades lead the on site commissioning of the installed systems including 1) Verification of BAS controller communications 2) Verification and commissioning process of all hardware inputs and outputs 3) Verification of overall system operation and compliance with design criteria
Project Closeout - Ensure that all necessary documentation from System and Network Commissioning is reflected in the drawings submitted by the sub trades. Ensure sub trades provides Operations and Maintenance Manuals
Project Implementation & Electrical Energy Savings– Coordinate the implementation of energy-saving projects, including the planning, budgeting, and scheduling for the design, installation, commissioning, and verification of energy efficiency projects. It is expected that a project manager would be assigned for large capital projects.
Measurement & Verification – Implemented Measurement and Verification strategies on projects as required for CDM & CAPREIT reporting needs.
Sustainability-Driven Behaviour and Business Process Improvements– Work to create and foster a sustainable culture at CAPREIT and provide an avenue for employees to recognize and report issues and ideas regarding energy conservation and efficiency
Reporting– Assist with completing Quarterly Reports
- Professional designation as a Certified Engineering Technician / Technologist (CET), a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or a licensed professional engineer of Ontario (PEng) an asset
- A strong background in multi-residential energy use and energy management
- 2 ‐ 4 year technical degree and/or industry related technical field experience including HVAC Systems, DDC Systems, software and device calibration.
- Knowledgeable in DDC applications pertaining to the HVAC industry is a must.
- Experience with BACnet and Niagara AX / N4 based products is a must.
- Niagara AX / N4 certification is an asset
- Previous Programming experience of BAS is a must. Experience with Distech an asset
- Highly organized and ability to work independently
- Ability to visit job construction hard hat areas and climb stairs, maneuver in and around pipework and air ducts and work safely in close proximity to exposed line voltage and low voltage wiring and terminations.
- Possess valid state motor vehicle license and possess safe driving record
- Strong problem-solving ability and willingness for field work and hands-on learning
- High proficiency in office computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, Vision, Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills