Senior Corporate Analyst
Title: Senior Corporate Analyst
Reports To: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Position Summary: In the corporate finance department (comprised of financial reporting and finance), the Senior Corporate Analyst will play a key role to support the accounting, financial analysis and preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements along with other responsibilities. This position will work closely with senior management on financial reporting and finance related matters.
External Financial Reporting duties:
- Assist in the preparation of the Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements on a quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in the valuation process and in depth analysis of key drivers of the changes in valuation on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate working papers for valuation of investment properties with our external valuator
- Liaison with the external auditors to address their needs for the quarterly reviews and annual year end audits
- Conduct research on new and amended IFRS accounting policies and assess the impact to the financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of tax schedules on an annual basis
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for review
- Proactively contribute to financial reporting process improvements
- Assist in special projects assigned by management
- CPA designation
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS-Excel functionality
- Overtime may be required during busy periods
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.