The Stakeholder Relations Manager contributes to the implementation of the Stakeholder Relations strategy by coordinating and executing the development of programs and projects to achieve objectives. The Stakeholder Relations Manager works collaboratively with other departments such as Finance, Marketing, Operations and Human Resources to ensure consistency and alignment between internal and external experience of CAPREIT’s stakeholders regarding communications.
- Coordinate & lead engagement plans and initiatives with key stakeholders; identifying the most effective ways to influence and communicate to build their understanding of company policies & messages.
- Key stakeholders and areas of focus to include Investor Relations, Media and PR relations, Crisis management, Government and Association relations, Tenant associations, Charitable organizations
- Advise senior management of issues and/or risks to stakeholder relationships as soon as they arise so risks can be managed effectively;
- Network with key stakeholders to gather intelligence on their concerns, attitudes, current work and upcoming projects.
- Strengthen relationships, engaging/influencing the right people in order to achieve the company’s strategic aims and gather intelligence on their policies, attitudes, current work and upcoming mandates
- Advocate CAPREIT’s brand externally and build relationships with Media, Government and Investors through creative PR strategies;
- Support the creation of a response strategy and crisis management plan across CAPREIT;
- Centralize the management and coordination of local associations representations and government relations;
- Communicate legislative updates to internal teams & participate in lobbying efforts;
- Proactively coordinate engagement with government officials, media representatives and investors;
- College graduate, with a degree in Organizational Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related courses;
- Minimum of 5 years in Corporate Communications or Public Relations or Investor Relations;
- Proven experience in developing and implementing company-wide programs and projects;
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated understanding of different organizational communication channels for stakeholder relations disciplines;
- Excellent command of the English language in both written and oral and able to interact confidently across all levels of the organization;
- French fluency considered an important asset
- Excellent knowledge in Communication Content Development;
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; preparation of presentation materials and speaking notes with exceptional writing skills;
- Strong technical and computer skills are required and should include MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Social Media communications understanding and knowledge;
- Investor Relations experience for a publically-traded company with knowledge of its governance procedures is an asset.