The Sr. Director of Sales and Marketing oversees the management of Marketing, Brand and Stakeholder Relations in Canada and Internationally. They play a crucial role in the success of these areas strategies by leading the creation and implementation of innovative programs and projects that maximize revenue and ensure CAPREIT’s high levels of occupancy rates. The incumbent of this role brings external trends to our organization to ensure we continue to be ahead of our competitors leveraging our brand, innovations and expertise
- Prepare and implement comprehensive tactical plans to achieve the strategic goals in the areas of Sales, Marketing & Brand and Stakeholder Relations.
- Communicate and maintain relationships with all levels of employees and externals stakeholders, mainly customers, Investors, Media and Government.
- Delegate responsibilities and successfully manage the work of employees, providing guidance and support to drive maximum performance and engagement.
- Ensure that Sales, Marketing & Brand and Stakeholder Relations teams are integrated and aligned toward common objectives.
- Manage team budget and ROI of new and existing initiatives.
- Approve strategies and provide oversight to the Stakeholder Relations team. The Stakeholder Relations mandate is to:
- Build relationships with Media, Government and Investors through creative strategies;
- Support the creation of a response strategy and crisis management across CAPREIT;
- Centralize the management and coordination of local associations representations and government relations;
- Communicate legislative updates to internal teams & participate in lobbying efforts;
- Proactively coordinate engagement with government officials, media representatives and investors;
- Oversee CAPREIT’s investor communication;
- Oversee materials for AGMs, Investor’s Tours/Calls and Roadshows and the creation of the Annual Report and CSR report;
Marketing & Brand
- Mentor and manage a marketing and brand driven department to focus on reduced vacancy through digital solutions and marketing automation personalization to each market and target customers;
- Revitalize and develop the brand and ensure adoption of the brand through all channels and stakeholders
- Drive digital innovation via the social media channels, web marketing and other advertising to ensure our communities continue to grow and revenue increases;
- Foster the generation of marketing content, including blog posts, webinars, tutorials, and marketing collateral, to communicate CAPREIT’s brand positioning and its unique proposition;
- Ensure the Marketing & Brand teams are providing quality and consistency in their services while taking consideration of regional needs;
- Lead marketing automation and analytics initiatives that identify challenges and growth opportunities;
- Develop brand and marketing strategies and lead generation for new building developments
- Proactively manage compliance controls.
- Advanced Marketing and Sales education, MBA an asset;
- 10+ years in marketing with 5+ years in senior management role;
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and departmental budget;
- Traditional, digital and social media marketing in depth understanding and experience;
- Hands on experience in implementing automation marketing processes with a good understanding of change management;
- Proven experience in a leadership role with demonstrated ability to inspire, collaborate and develop others;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities with ability to innovate to achieve more efficiency and successes;
- Highly analytical and experienced in quantitative and qualitative marketing approaches;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Real estate experience is an asset
- French proficiency is an asset