Title: Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Reports To: VP, Accounting
The Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for performing advanced financial modeling and analysis, and efficiently supporting senior management on capital markets opportunities including maintaining CAPREIT’s long-term financial plans and forecasts. The Senior Manager will help create and maintain databases including industry-specific information and work closely with analysts and external resources providing guidance and quality control while encouraging a positive team culture.
- Create financial models for mergers and acquisitions, valuations, developments, and other financial analysis
- Create and maintain databases including industry-specific information, financial templates and internal financial metrics to support business decision making, including organizing and curation of financial data and defining appropriate performance measurements
- Conduct due diligence that includes analysis of business models, and comprehensive review of industry trends and related regulations that impact potential transactions
- Work closely with all stakeholders including the development team, acquisitions team, and finance team
- Participate in senior level discussion and meetings to identify, develop, and present new strategies
- Work closely with analysts and external resources providing guidance and quality control while encouraging a positive team culture
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Oversee the annual budgeting process including the review of assumptions, meeting with regional staff, and develop strategy with senior management
- Work closely with regional accounting, operations, and head-office department leads in developing the budgeting and updates to the forecast during the year
- Prepare the company’s long-term financial forecast, financial models, and scenario analysis
- Organize and prepare presentations and analytics to senior management and board members
- Lead functional and technical advancements in budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and performance tracking projects
- Continuous review of business processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new analytical and reporting systems
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by senior management
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- CPA, CA, MBA, and/or CFA designation is an asset
- Proficient in building financial models, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong financial analytic skills
- Experienced in leading and managing quantitative, complex analysis
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, MS Office, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills, ability to work independently and multi-task
- Team oriented and ability to work constructively and collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.