Job Title: Graphic Designer, Internal Communications Specialist
Reports to: Employee Experience Program Manager
Summary: The Graphic Designer, Internal Communications Specialist will support the Human Resources team as an internal creative services provider in the development of graphic materials and content for internal communications.
• Conceptualize and design a wide range of content for both visual and written communications;
• Create designs that are consistent with our brand guidelines. Be accountable for brand consistency across campaigns and assets;
• Write and produce communications for internal audiences including but not limited to presentations, scripts, briefing documents, intranet articles, and employee communications, messages and emails;
• Support the work of the team to create strategic communications campaigns;
• Participate in design sessions and contribute through creative concepts and creative input;
• Responsible for HTML email design, including the creation of new templates;
• Contribute to the continuous improvement and refresh of the company intranet;
• Keep up with design trends and industry best practices.
• College Diploma or University degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communications or related discipline.
• Creative minded individual with a keen sense of design and extensive creative writing experience.
• Advanced level and 2-4 years’ professional experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Possess a good understanding of the design development process including schedules, costs, and resources needed to efficiently produce high quality work on time and to specification.
• Experience with video editing (Adobe Premier, After Effects) a bonus!
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS and email merges.
• French language skills an asset.
Additional Position Requirements:
Must have a portfolio of work that demonstrates experience. Your professional portfolio should showcase the following types of work:
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.