The Risk & Insurance Analyst will have responsibility for supporting CAPREIT’s Insurance Risk Management programs with a focus on claims administration and loss control.
- Supports insurance underwriting and renewal activities for CAPREIT & IRES
- Corresponds with and coordinates activities with insurance brokers in Canada and the UK
- Manages certificate of insurance requests
- Maintains and audits Statement of Values – collaborates with finance and operations teams to ensure current values are reflected and changes in data are updated at least quarterly
- Responds to insurance related inquiries from internal groups, lenders and suppliers/contractors
- Collaborates and works closely with the Risk Analyst Legal Contracts to ensure risk transfer mechanisms are optimal and recommendations based on claims data are implemented or loss control purposes
- Supports the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual risk reports for audit committee and board reporting
- Maintains up to date insurance data, records, policies of insurance and related documents
- Reviews, records and marks incident reports for action by the third-party adjustor
- Records incident reports/claims on internal claims system
- Manages claims through CAPREIT’s third Party Adjuster, monitors claims to ensure timely and appropriate closure
- Reviews and analyzes incident and claims data for trends, determining possible risk control activities for CAPREIT
- Prepares and distributes monthly incident and loss reports for CAPREIT & IRES
- 3-7 Years related experience
- Understanding of risk management and insurance (real estate industry experience would be an asset)
- Completion of CIP/CRM Designation preferred
- Ability and comfort to review insurance and contractual documents (insurance certificates, policy documents, contracts, etc.)
- Flexibility – CAPREIT is a very active organization – need to multi task, self-regulate and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in team environments and with remote team members
- Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to present to all staff levels including management
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.