Title: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Reports To: VP, Finance
The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting for Irish Residential Properties REIT Plc (IRES) and other Irish entities, reporting to VP Finance
External and Internal Reporting
- Preparation of Public documents, including financial statements, Interim and Annual Report
- Board packages on a quarterly and annual basis
- Monthly close and reporting package
- Ensure the working papers are prepared on a timely and accurate manner to assist auditors in the quarterly/annual reviews and audits
- Maintain strong relationships with auditors and tax advisors to ensure smooth and seamless conflict resolutions
- Assistance with financial analysis including acquisition and development analysis
- Assist in preparation of Prospectus
- Preparation of press releases for disclosure to investors on significant transactions
- Preparation of the investor conference call, investor presentations, and annual general meeting presentations
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of the Company’s investor relations section on the company website
Treasury, Finance and Taxation
- Working with the lenders to have new or modify existing debt agreements
- Preparation of short and long term liquidity for the Company
- Liaise with the operations and acquisition team to understand cash requirements used for liquidity projections
- Review of completion of tax returns and tax filings for IRES and subsidiaries on an annual basis
- Ensuring payments are processed in a timely manner
Investment Property Fair Valuations
- Coordinate with the external valuator on a semiannual basis to obtain fair values of investment properties
- Review and perform analysis on the assumptions and models of external valuers
- Maintain valuation schedules that are incorporated into the financial statements
- Ensure the timely preparation of Irish Stock Exchange (“ISE”) compliance documents and lenders reporting
- Maintain ISE filings relating to financial statements, Interim and Annual Report, etc.
- Prepare and review of the investment tests, and REIT tests/ratios, etc.
- Preparation and review of external filings and financials for property manager and investment advisor, and other Irish entities
Research/Library for Regulations
- Consistency research new IFRS/IAS standards that would impact IRES’ financial position and financial statements and co-ordinate policy solutions
- Keep up to date on new pronouncements in the tax legislation that would have an impact to IRES’ REIT status
- Maintain and update all new standards that relate to EPRA updates
- Assist in special projects relating to CAPREIT and / or related foreign entities as assigned by CFO and team
- CPA, CA with 8+ years' relevant experience in public real estate company
- Understanding of current accounting pronouncements in IFRS that impact the real estate industry
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, remain flexible and prioritize deliverables. To achieve high performance and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be a quick learner, organized, detailed oriented and very hands on. Accuracy is a must with external documents/filings/ board reporting, etc.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communications and presenting skills. Must have direct experience working with, responding to, and presenting to senior executives.
- Proven driver of change and continuous improvement
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.