Title: Director, Treasury, Finance and Taxation
Reports To: VP, Finance
Position Summary: As a key member of CAPREIT, the successful candidate will lead a team in strategic planning and managing operations on wide range of banking, investment, debt, taxation, general accounting and reporting functions to ensure the Company has appropriate cash flows to support operations, safeguard assets, and ensure compliance with debt covenants and corporate tax filings.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is hands on and process oriented with strong knowledge of systems and technology.
Oversee duties pertaining to the Treasury:
- All aspects of cash management, forecasting and processing
- Bank and internal accounting processes in relation to cash
- Ensure bank reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee establishment of cash management controls
- Involves documentation of processes/review of internal information
- Involves establishing good cash controls/and processes for reconciliation
- Liaison with External Bank
- Maintain all correspondence and account records (including bank wires / EFT transfers)
- New Account set ups, debit machines for properties
- Oversee interactivity between external bank and internal accounting team
- Ensure accurate, and complete accounting information pertaining to cash totals on a daily basis
- Assist with hedging and other strategic initiatives to maximize cash flow
Oversee duties pertaining to Financings:
- Responsible for finance and operational requests to facilitate fund-raising
- Managing relationships with third party lenders
- Responsible for accounting, internal and external reporting related to all debt activities
- Assist with financial analysis and equity issuances
Oversee duties pertaining to Taxation:
- Preparation and review of the tax deferral calculation and Canadian corporate tax compliance obligations
- Assist in foreign tax structuring, including coordination of internal resources and external advisors
- Maintain tax schedules for foreign entities that impact Canadian corporate tax filings
Support with the external audit responsibilities
Provide leadership to the boarder team and support a collaborative and team oriented environment
- + 8 years of progressive work with strong business planning /analysis and treasury experience
- CPA or CGA designation
- Must have strong working knowledge of systems and MS Excel
- Collaborate across all levels while respectful to opinions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.