Title: Network Administrator
Reports To: Manager, IT Network
- and maintain all local and wide area network connections, fixed-line voice / VOIP networks, associated hardware, software and communication infrastructure;
- and maintain all data (production and non-production environments) and telephony networks and liaise with third-party telecoms / ISP providers when necessary;
- Corporate Facilities team with desk and office moves and physical IT asset re-locations;
- Help Desk with incident troubleshooting and issues resolution, identifying and remedying network performance bottlenecks;
- the Enterprise Business Applications team in providing necessary assistance during patching, maintenance, upgrades and other related activities associated with operating an application;
- Troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions;
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components, ensuring the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks;
- Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands;
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned by reporting manager.
- Diploma /Certificate in Information Technology or related technical field;
- 2+ years of experience in implementing, operating and troubleshooting data networks;
- CCNA required (CCIE Collaboration preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems;
- Strong experience with Cisco UCM platforms and associated technologies
- Demonstrated experience of Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, security appliances, networking protocols and technologies;
- Experience configuring VPNs for remote access ;
- Work well under deadlines and pressure;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills;
- Ability to work within a team and in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be on call after hours
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.