Title: Junior Application Developer
Reports To: Director, Technology Planning & Innovation
Position Summary: This position is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining mobile/cloud applications to support the business needs. Assess and analyze requests for new applications or enhancements to existing applications and solve business problems by implementing solutions utilizing the existing technologies or finding and recommending new technologies when necessary.
• Design and code efficient and effective responsive web / mobile applications.
• Able to quickly develop proof of concept/prototype solutions.
• Test and debug applications.
• Maintain and modify existing applications.
• Communicate effectively with clients and team members to resolve issues.
• Communicate progress and any items that may create delays against plan.
• Create clear and concise documentation for all aspects of the design and deployment of solutions.
• Able to work with operational personnel, content authors, clients, and/or vendors/service providers.
• Produce accurate and timely estimates of development effort.
• Actively participate in team meetings and offer ideas and recommendations for design improvement.
• Constantly seek to develop yourself by maintaining a high awareness of existing and emerging technologies and keeping abreast of market developments.
• Liaise with Project Managers to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints.
Education and Experience:
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.