Title: IT Project Manager
Reports To: Director, Innovation & Projects
As an IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing all traditional Project Management Office aspects of a project, but you will also become a functional expert, working side-by-side with our business departments to determine design and configuration requirements for new and existing technology solutions and oversee all aspects of project delivery. From planning, solution design, build and test, through to business deployments and ownership of long-term business relationships, you will have responsibility for our users’ success.
- Lead multiple project initiatives through evaluation, planning, implementation, and integration
- Work closely with the business to understand requirements (usually involved at a very early stage when scope is not fully known, and requirements need to be clarified) and propose pragmatic Technology solutions that meet the requirements of the business and are consistent with Technology strategy
- Develop solution requirements, project plans; determine resource requirements and project deliverables; monitor project phases; and prioritize issues and assignments for project team
- Experience with vendor management and supervision of the work of 3rd party developers
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work with development team /vendors to resolve the issues
- Assist with oversight & coordination activities across the portfolio of projects, reporting on project status and budget
- Possess excellent analytical skills to work on project budget and other reporting
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education or University degree in one of following: Computer Science/Business Administration/Commerce/Engineering
- 8-10 years of Business & IT aligned project delivery experience
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with business application analysis, design and implementation
- Experience with Quality Assurance (manual and automated testing) and hands-on knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong customer focused orientation
- Real estate or property management experience an asset
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.