CAPREIT, one of Canada's largest residential landlords, is currently seeking a Training Manager is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, implementation of all training initiatives as assigned by the Director, Education and Training
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Keeping training materials up to date. Use Marketing / IT to produce training materials and manuals
- Helping managers and trainers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Supervising the work of the Trainers & Training Facilitators
- Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees
- Evaluating training and development programs
- Assessing relevant training needs for staff individuals and organization, in consultation with departmental heads, including assessment methods and measurement systems entailed
- Producing organizational strategy and plans for review and approval of the Director of Education and Training to meet training and development needs, and managing training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary
- Organizing training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery
- Planning and delivering training courses personally where necessary to augment that provided externally or internally by others
- Arranging for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training
- A bachelor's degree in a field related to personnel management, such as human resources, business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology with 2-5 years experiences as a Training Specialist and/or
- Completion of a professional development program in personnel administration or training & development with 5-7 years proven experience
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to lead interactive workshops etc., to employees in groups of 1 to 100+
- Well developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis.
- Creative, forward thinker
- Experience encompassing a mix of business and human resource management experience an asset
- Ability to manage all logistics for large seminar training initiatives
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment
- Strong computer skills
- CSTD and/or HRPAO membership an asset
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.