The Senior Manager, IT Project Delivery for leading the IT project delivery function, working with business representatives to deliver innovative & valuable solutions and ensuring the quality of IT developments and initiatives.
Responsible for overall IT project management and governance, providing leadership, coordination and management of IT project delivery processes and function. This includes establishing, implementing, developing and managing best practices for IT project management. This role will also create formal methodologies to ensure delivery of these IT projects according to plan and within budget.
Technology portfolio management
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a formally-identified set of IT projects which form the IT project portfolio
- Evolve IT project management capabilities, improve delivery of IT solutions to end users
- Lead the development, maintenance, oversight, and operation of IT project delivery function related processes and maturing the function into an IT PMO
- Manage consolidated view for all IT projects including milestones/deliverables
- Determine frequency and content of status reports from IT project managers, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas/mitigate project risks
- Monitor IT resource constraints affecting completion of projects
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project lifecycle
- Works with business project managers, Technology department, and IT project managers to identify project interrelationships that will affect IT portfolio priority and resource allocation decisions
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise IT project managers, team members, and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
IT Project Delivery
- Lead IT project initiatives through evaluation, planning, implementation, and integration
- Work closely with the business project manager to understand requirements (usually involved at a very early stage when scope is not fully known, and requirements need to be clarified) and propose pragmatic Technology solutions that meet the requirements of the business and are consistent with Technology strategy
- Develop solution requirements, project plans; determine resource requirements and project deliverables; monitor project phases; and prioritize issues and assignments for project team
- Experience with vendor management and supervision of the work of 3rd party developers
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work with development team /vendors to resolve the issues
- Assist with oversight & coordination activities across the portfolio of projects, reporting on project status and budget
- Possess excellent analytical skills to work on project budget and other reporting
- University degree; advanced degree preferred (Business, IT, Computer Science, Math, or Engineering)
- 10+ years direct work experience in advanced IT project management capability
- Excellent leadership, management, facilitation, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Exceptional customer focused orientation
- Proven experience in project financial and vendor/stakeholder reporting
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to facilitate relations between business groups and technology departments
- Successful completion of Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) designation or equivalent
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.