Analyst, Internal Audit
Title: Analyst, Internal Audit
Reports To: Manager, Internal Audit
As a member of the Internal Audit team, you will support the NI 52-109 compliance process, which entails evaluating the operating effectiveness of key business, financial and information technology controls impacting external financial reporting. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to conduct operational site audits at our various properties across Canada. As we develop the internal audit plan further, you will assist in conducting internal audit engagements with a focus on key strategic business processes.
- Gaining an understanding of the internal audit function’s risk assessment processes and how they impact the focus of internal audit’s plan
- Interacting with management in all areas of the business as it relates to processes and internal controls
- Assisting in the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of key business, financial and information technology controls surrounding financial reporting in order to support NI 52-109/Bill 198 compliance
- Executing audit procedures under the site audit process at various properties across the country (some travel required)
- Assisting in carrying out risk based audit projects identified in the Internal Audit Plan in strategic areas of the business, under the direction of the Manager or Director, Internal Audit.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in business processes and more efficient audit practices
- Providing assistance, where required, with special reviews requested by the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees or management
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Two to three years of experience in an Accounting/Audit/Internal Controls environment
- Possess or are working towards the CPA or CIA designations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well, interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in documenting systems and processes and identifying key controls would be an asset
- SAP and data analytics knowledge would be an asset
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.