Job Description (EN)
This role will work closely with the Sr. Revenue Analyst and Regional Controller to ensure adherence to CAPREIT's revenue policies and procedures, as well as appropriate Tenancy Legislation. They will also assist the property accounting group with analytics in various financial reporting and operational key indicators.
- Assist in monthly financial statement preparation and variance analysis
- Prepare journal entries for accrual and adjustments
- Reconcile and analyse Rent Roll, A/R, Bad Debts, and other accounts
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget & analysis
- Regional lease administration including entering changes and corrections and applying renewals
- Review AR balances and follow up with operations on collection efforts
- Review, follow up with site, and resolve deposit discrepancies
- Enter tenant invoices for chargebacks of utilities, legal or admin fees
- Enter write-off prior tenant credit balances per policy
- Coordinate with Operations to initiate/escalate legal proceeding against tenants for non-payment of rent/utilities
- Coordinate the issuance of tenant cheques, including deposit refunds
- Review required designated reports and escalate issues/abnormalities
- Review all court orders and deal with legal status and payment issues related to current tenants
- Handle tenant/site inquiries on rent calculations, legal and SAP troubleshooting
- Other projects as assigned by Senior Revenue Analyst, Controller and Sr. Director
- College diploma or university degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Two to three years of relevant revenue and accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience with SAP will be considered an asset
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed