The Director, SAP Business Applications is responsible for the management, integration and support for CAPREIT’s Enterprise Business Solutions including SAP, SuccessFactors, and SalesForce. This position will lead a team of functional and technical SAP resources and Application Management Service providers, which together design and deliver projects and enhancements, monitor critical SAP operational activities, and provide support for the applications. This position will also be responsible for the creation of an SAP vision and roadmap.
The Director, SAP Business Applications must be able to work with business areas and external vendors in the development and management of scope, assignment and scheduling of resources and in the monitoring of deliverable progress.
When in project mode, the Director, SAP Business Applications will take direction from, and coordinate project tasks and deliverables with the Project Delivery Office.
Leadership, Strategy and Architecture:
- Overall responsible and accountable for SAP application development and maintenance
- Ensure overall quality of team deliverables
- Lead development and evolution of the SAP roadmap / release strategy
- Assign and manage SAP team and Application Management Service (AMS) providers to complete on-going tasks and project deliverables
- Maintains awareness of trends and issues in the SAP field
- Lead and oversee activities of assigned projects to ensure goals and objectives are achieved within approved time frames, scope and budget
- Facilitate requirements workshops with business units
- Prepare necessary requirements and design documents including blueprint documentation according to business needs
- Responsible for resource planning
- Ability to prioritize individual and group tasks to meet conflicting demands
- Proactively anticipate project deviations and escalate the need for immediate corrective action
- Subject matter expert on SAP technical solutions and shares best practices with business and colleagues
- Operates effectively as an individual and leader to ensure quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Advise on SAP functionality and technical considerations
- Works with the IT Infrastructure & Operations team to implement improvements on application design/performance
- Analyzes and interprets SAP functional requirements and specifications and works closely with SAP team members and AMS to develop, test and implement
- Establish monitoring and notification standards for SAP systems
- Communicates information effectively in both technical and business environments
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in MIS/IT, Computer Science, or a related technical field from an accredited college/university
- 10+ years’ experience with 3 years’ in a managerial/supervisory capacity
- 6+ years of SAP experience including: functional knowledge of SAP, SAP Tools, Solution Manager and integration with other systems
- Knowledge of SAP ECC data model and analysis
- Experience with SAP Basis and Security
- Experience with BusinessObjects Data Services (BODS) and SAP Data Services or other data provisioning methods
- Experience with the BusinessObjects suite of products including Lumira, Design Studio and Web Intelligence
- Experience with some of the following SAP modules: RE-FX, FI-CO, MM, PM, BI, BW, MDM
- Knowledge of SAP BPC and SalesForce is an asset
- Some experience with development technologies and tools: Fiori, SAP Gateway, ABAP
- Strong project management, configuration and design skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- The ability to work both in a leadership capacity as well as hands
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.