The Commercial Property Manager will work closely with the Senior Director, Commercial Operations and on-site property management teams to ensure the performance goals for commercial sites are met in their portfolio. Manages all day to day operations and addresses the issues and concerns of all the commercial tenants (mainly retail) in the Province of Ontario.
- Abstracts all leases to understand all the commercial tenancies (ie. Parking, signage, R & M, operating costs etc.)
- Conducts leasing tours for all vacant spaces/liaisons with the listing brokers, if applicable
- Ensures all vacant spaces are marketable
- Responsible for the collection of tenant arrears over 30 days
- Assists in the collection of monthly rents
- Assists with drafting basic leasing documents
- Assists with the lease renewal negotiations in their portfolio
- Tracks leasing KPI’s
- Prepares leasing strategies for commercial vacancies
- Property Management
- Monitors insurance coverage to ensure it is current for all tenants pursuant to the lease
- Conducts site inspections of the common areas and exterior of the building and implements corrective action plans for any deficiencies/issues
- Is the direct day to day liaison with the commercial tenants
- Oversees the third party contracts in their portfolio (i.e cleaning contract, etc.), if applicable, in conjunction with the procurement team
- Facilitates the space turnover and “move-out” of tenants
- Oversees any Landlords’ work (construction) pursuant to the lease
- Assists the Senior Director and Senior Revenue Analyst with preparation of the annual operating budget
- Manages capital projects
- Manages assigned corporate projects as required
- Organizational Development
- Assists Senior Director in identifying and documenting financial objectives for all commercial space
- Track and monitor the industry KPI’s
- Annually recommends monthly rent structure for each property based on a market analysis
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Commercial Property Manager
- Ability to manage relationships with a responsible and positive attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable car
- Can work independently
- Solid negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.