Title: Corporate Analyst (Finance)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: 11 Church Street, Toronto (St. Lawrence Market district)
Canadian Apartment Properties Real Estate Investment Trust (CAPREIT) is a growth-oriented investment trust with revenues of over $597 million and a market capitalization of over $4.3 billion that owns and operates multi-unit residential complexes, including apartment buildings and townhouses, across Canada. CAPREIT is proud to have been selected as a one of Canada’s Best Employers for four consecutive years exemplifying strong performance in employee engagement, leadership, performance culture and employment brand.
We are an approved Chartered Professional Accountant Training Office (“Approved Training Office”), and to date have a 100% CPA, CA / CPA exam pass rate. As mandated by the CPA Competency map, you will broaden your technical and business knowledge in CAPREIT’s Approved Training Office program which is a developmental program within the corporate finance department under the mentorship of experienced CPA, CAs.
The corporate finance team plays an instrumental role at CAPREIT in providing stakeholders with accurate and timely information on CAPREIT’s operational results on a quarterly and an annual basis. In the corporate finance department (comprised of financial reporting and finance), you will play a key role to support the accounting, financial analysis and preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements along with other responsibilities. This position will be reporting to the Finance Manager with rotations in Finance and Financial Reporting with the opportunity to work closely with senior management on finance and financial reporting related matters.
We are looking for a business-minded professional with excellent organizational and communication skills to join our team. We offer competitive compensation and benefits with opportunities to develop your career.
Finance and Treasury
• Prepare internal cash flow projections and forecast liquidity needs
• Support the planning and execution of debt strategy including budgeting and forecasting
• Support compilation and analysis of monthly reporting package
• Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for review
• Assist in compliance and regulatory reporting on a quarterly and annual basis
• Create and coordinate payment and funding processing (manual payments, advances)
• Support day-to-day banking needs
• Liaise with external auditors to address their needs for the quarterly reviews and annual year end audits
• Proactively contribute to corporate reporting and financing process improvements
• Support the preparation of financial statements and MD&A
• Analysis of taxation and valuation related matters as required
• Assist in special projects assigned by management
• Satisfy Approved Training Office Program Requirements
o Actively pursuing CPA designation
o In the process of or completed university undergraduate degree in business
• Strong time management, multi-tasking and organization skills
• Project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS-Excel functionality
• Overtime may be required during busy periods
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.