Title: Corporate Analyst
Reports To: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Position Summary: In the corporate finance department (comprised of financial reporting and finance), the Corporate Analyst will play a key role to support the accounting, budgeting, financial analysis and preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements along with other responsibilities. This position will work closely with senior management on financial reporting and finance related matters.
External Corporate Reporting and Finance (Financial Reporting, and Management Accounting competencies)
- Assist in the preparation of the Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements on a semi-annual and annual basis
- Conduct research on new and amended IFRS accounting policies and assess the impact to the financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of tax schedules on an annual basis
- Liaison with the external auditors to address their needs for the half-year reviews and annual year end audits
- Coordinate working papers for valuation of investment properties with our external valuator and auditors
- Support the planning and execution of debt strategy including budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with external financial institution partners on closing of financings and subsequent reporting
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for review
- Proactively contribute to corporate reporting and financing process improvements
- Assist with quarterly and monthly internal and regulatory reporting
- Assist in special projects assigned by management
- Satisfy Approved Training Office Program Requirements
- CPA designation or actively pursuing CPA designation
- University undergraduate degree in business
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite functionality
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Overtime may be required during busy periods
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.