Title: Corporate Analyst
Reports To: Manager, Financial Reporting
Position Summary: To support accounting, analysis and preparation of MD&A and Financial Statements along with other related and ancillary responsibilities and reporting to Manager and Directors as well as working with senior management on financial reporting and other matters.
Management Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements
- Assist in calculation and preparation of schedules in designated sections
- Assist in quarter reviews and annual audits working papers preparation
- Bank credit facilities, CMHC & LBA, and lenders
- TSX Filings
- Preparation of the Declaration of Trust ratios
- Ensure effective and efficient preparation of internal schedules
- Ensure the validity and integrity of information in the underlying general ledger accounts
- Booking JE’s relating to corporate accounting
Research / Library for Regulations
- Maintain library, research impact on CAPREIT and co-ordinate policy solutions for CICA, CSA, OSC, and RealPAC updates
- Assist in preparing and maintaining annual tax working papers
- Prepare tax returns for subsidiaries
Valuation of Investment Properties
- Assist in the preparation of working papers for valuations on a quarterly basis
- Assist in special projects assigned by Manager, Directors, and team.
- Assist the finance team in preparation for auditors (including but not limited to preparing analytics);
- Contribute to process improvements associated with the corporate reporting process as identified;
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Actively pursuing Accounting designation (CA, CMA,CGA)
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting or finance experience
- Financial analysis and problem solving experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (incl. advanced macros under Excel and MS-Access)
- Detail oriented, self-motivated; takes initiative to learn new skills and enhance overall knowledge
- Ability to independently analyze and resolve problems
- Must possess time management skills and organization skills
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.