Title: Leasing Specialist
Reports To: Operations Manager
Summary: This role is primarily responsible for maintaining an occupancy rate of 100%. This is achieved through demonstrating excellent skills in: tenant relations, communication, sales, administration and organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with exceptional sales and customer service skills to lease our new flagship residence.
- Market and rent vacant suites in the building with the intent of maintaining an occupancy rate of 100%.
- Responsible for communicating market research and competitor information
- Conduct tenant relations with the intent of achieving and maintaining a high level of tenant satisfaction.
- Conduct apartment tours and move-in inspections.
- Follow-up by phone with every resident that undergoes an apartment tour within 24 hours. Close and record any objections, and then report the findings to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure new tenants are correctly entered into the system with respect to their lease dates, rent payments etc. and that the correct name appears on the rent rolls.
- Maintain an accurate account of suite availability, i.e., availability lists, issue appropriate correspondence to tenants, and ensure that inspections are carried out on vacant suites. Examine the Snapshot Vacancy Report, from the SAP system, on a daily basis to keep track of available suites.
- Communicate with Operations Manager and Site Staff regarding tenant and building issues.
- Give out and track the keys for the building.
- Follow-up on outstanding rents by calling/tracking down Tenants.
- Ensure annual fire alarm/fire drill tests are completed and each tenant signs the annual acknowledgement forms.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrated history of outstanding customer relations skills
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Sound organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Flexibility to work varying shifts within our hours of operation
- Contribute to team atmosphere
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.