Project Lead, Energy Management
Title: Project Lead, Energy Management
Reports To: Energy Manager
Summary: Responsible for coordinating project administration activities and administrative services for the Energy Management team.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of Departmental projects
- Coordinates project implementation with various stakeholders performing a variety of tasks for the smooth implementation of projects from inception, completion, inspection, and incentive administration
- Participates in project status meetings concerning ongoing projects, incentive tracking, and utilities monitoring
- Constantly monitors and reports on progress of the project and relevant project information to manager and all stakeholders.
- Coordinates project timelines and schedules between the various suppliers and key site staff
- Acts as central information source for projects being initiated by the Department
- Performs other special projects as assigned
- Responsible for preparing, consolidating, updating, and distributing the following reports to Management:
- National and Provincial Incentive Programs Status
- Electricity Efficiency Programs Status
- Water Efficiency Programs Status
- Natural Gas Efficiency Programs Status
- Monitors energy consumption of facilities and interprets energy reports from energy monitoring system
- Prepares Power Point presentations on department’s energy initiatives implementation for senior management
Incentive Application Administration
- Prepares all required documentation, calculations, and analysis for incentive rebate filing
- Administers rebate filing for projects from consolidating requirements, performing savings analysis, filing, to receipt of incentive payments
- Initiates and attends meetings with the City, Local Distribution Companies (LDCs) and various stakeholders for updates on new Government incentives and programs beneficial to CAPREIT
- Conducts research on various government programs, incentives and new and emerging technologies for potential application
- Coordinates with the LDCs, evaluators, and site personnel for inspection and verification of completed projects
- Submits, monitors and tracks incentive applications and incentive payments
- Assists in project planning and monitoring CAPEX budget related to energy management
- Participates in monitoring and tracking of actual project costs against CAPEX budget
- Monitors approval process of RMWs and performs required action for project implementation upon approval and release of POs
- Diploma in related field
- 5+ years of experience in project management, professional administration or related field
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Knowledge of applicable incentive programs offered for energy-related projects
- Training in energy management, sustainability and applicable incentives are an asset
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.