Title: Assistant Property Manager/Commercial
Reports To: Senior Director, Commercial Operations
Senior Director, Commercial Operations and Residential On-Site property management teams to ensure the performance goals for Commercial sites and tenancies are met. Manages all day to day requirements and addresses the issues and concerns of all the Commercial tenants.
- Abstracts all eases to understand all the commercial tenancies (ie. Parking, signage etc.)
- Oversees the residential tenant insurance project
- Assists in the Prebill and Year End Reconciliation process
- Assists with the lease renewal negotiations
- Conducts leasing tours for all vacant spaces
- Ensures all vacant spaces are presentable and marketable
- Responsible for assisting in the collection of tenant receivables over 30days
- Assists in the collection of rents.
- Monitors insurance coverage to ensure it is current for all sites(commercial tenancies)
- Conducts site(s) inspections of the common areas and exterior of the building and implements corrective action plans for any deficiencies
- Collects the monthly commercial rents from tenants
- Is the day to day liaison with the commercial tenants
- Oversees the third party contracts at the building (i.e cleaning contract etc), if applicable
- Facilitates the “move-in” and “move-out” inspections of the suites
- Oversees any Landlords’ construction work
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years experience in commercial property management
- Good decision-making, communication, and IT skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with responsible and positive attitude.
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable car
- Can work independently
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
CAPREIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.