The Instructional Designer will be responsible for assessing, designing, developing and evaluating all learning solutions. This person will be responsible for the creation and updating of existing training content and materials on an on-going basis and will support the developmental goals and priorities of the business
Strategy & Planning
- Integrate organizational goals and vision into learning solutions.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and internal stakeholders to understand learning scope and vision.
- Clearly identify training program targets and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics and gaps.
- Develop learning solutions, training content, and development programs.
- Analyze existing learning programs and resources for improvement.
- Work closely with SMEs and internal stakeholders to prepare appropriate content for programs.
- Build business cases for solution designs and implementation.
- Incorporate blended learning and other instructional mediums, including self-led and instructor-led programs, e-learning, self-guided or traditional classroom settings to create the best experience for knowledge transfer.
- Provide coaching and training to staff on delivery of learning solutions.
- Develop learning assessment tools and metrics to measure post training effects on employees and measure progress against desired state.
- Design instructional prototypes and conduct testing and analyses of results to make recommendations for improvement.
- Serve as a point of contact for program inquiries.
- Review learning solutions on a continuous basis for quality assurance.
- Liaise with vendors, and manage relationships with third-party providers of products and services to supplement learning initiatives.
- Responsible for the maintenance of LMS (Learning Management System);
- Works with external vendors and clients in the development and delivery of course material on the LMS including e-learning content (i.e. authoring/web based vendors, contractors and external SME's);
- Prepares and distributes LMS training updates and reports (i.e. LMS outcomes reports, trends).
Project Management/ Client Relationships
- Collaborate and provide consultation with business partners and corporate clients on the development and delivery of multimedia content;
- Must be able to work with subject matter experts to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate training solutions;
- Effectively manage training projects and prioritization based on a standard of work;
- Anticipates and escalates training related issues as they develop;
- Maintains training materials, handbooks, user guides;
- Involvement in departmental or corporate projects as appropriate.
Formal Education & Certification
- Post secondary degree in Human Resources, Instructional Design, Education, or other related field.
- Certification in Instructional Design
- Certification in Adult Learning Principals
Knowledge & Experience
- At least three years experience in Instructional Design lifecycle.
- Specific knowledge of adult learning theories and practices.
- Successful track record of effective learning solution designs.
- Working knowledge of learning management systems.
- Proven experience managing projects and implementing change.
- Experience designing e-learning, self-guided and traditional classroom style programs.
- Strong understanding of design and authoring tools and software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, multimedia Authoring tools (i.e. Adobe E-Learning Suite, Lectora, Articulate, Captivate), video/object creation, editing & producing software;
- Strong consultative approach.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into learning and development issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment.
- Relationship building.
- Ability to take multiple stakeholder perspectives on tasks.
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.