The Recruiter is responsible for sourcing quality, talented individuals to meet the needs of the organization. The incumbent in this role will participate in the full recruitment life cycle, from sourcing to selection, and will collaborate with hiring managers and the human resources (HR) Department to gain an understanding of the best-fit applicants for the company. Demonstrated analytical ability, interpersonal skills, knowledge of HR and recruitment, and experience identifying top candidates will make the individual in this role successful.
Strategy & Planning
- Review and develop recruitment practices for alignment with the overall organizational strategy.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization to identify current and upcoming staff vacancies, and develop recruitment strategies.
- Maintain a pipeline of talented active and passive individuals.
- Source active and passive candidates, and continuously update applicant tracking system with potential candidates for current and upcoming positions.
- Develop job postings to accurately reflect job requirements and company culture.
- Identify best channels for internal and external advertising of job vacancies, including internal job boards, professional associations, other job boards, social media outlets, and recruitment events.
- Coordinate external recruitment events (e.g. campus fairs, job fairs, and networking events) and participate as a company representative.
- Screen incoming and on-file applicant resumes, and asses for job and organizational fit.
- Conduct background checks and pre-employment testing when required.
- Collaborate with fellow HR associates on the development of new hire compensation packages and participate in on-boarding as required.
- Manage employee referral program.
- Maintain communication with applicants and hiring managers throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
- Ensure positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Generate job offer documents and other related materials for distribution to applicants and hiring managers.
- Measure recruitment practices against recruitment metrics, analyze for gaps, and develop innovative solutions.
- Ensure compliance of hiring practices with legislation.
- Manage budget of recruitment activities.
- Manage staffing requisitions and ensure they are approved before continuing the recruitment process.
- Serve as a point of contact for career and application inquiries.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, or an industry related field.
- Certification in HR is an asset.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in recruitment and selection.
- Experience recruiting in the Real Estate and Property Management is preferred.
- Proven track record of identifying top candidates.
- Working technical knowledge of applicant tracking systems.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations surrounding recruitment and selection practices.
- Experience using social media outlets for recruitment, such as [LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.].
- Familiarity with human resources best practices.
- Solid experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong consultative service orientation.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong ability in building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and trust.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to schedule tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment.
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.