Title: SAP ABAP Developer
Reports To: Manager, SAP Business Platform
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of CAPREIT’s SAP customized improvements. This position will operate in either a project mode, or, in an operational sustainment mode.
Discovery & Design
- To assist the business leads in the gathering of business requirements for targeted application improvements
- To participate in the conceptual design of quality solutions that meet CAPREIT’s business objectives in compliance with best development standards
- To complete all technical content for the Business Blueprint, Functional Specifications and Technical Specifications in accordance to CAPREIT’S documentation standards
- To participate in design of UI5 solutions that fits within CAPREIT’S SAP journey
- To participate in functional configuration across SAP modules when needed.
- Responsible for the programming within assigned Reports / Interfaces / Conversions / Enhancements / Forms / Workflow (RICEF-W) areas and completes these development tasks according to priorities set by his/her manager and/or issue log
- Programs application improvements to business requirements (i.e. functional specifications) and to CAPREIT and SAP development standards
- To assure the utmost quality in his or her development and takes accountability to unit test per CAPREIT’s standards (test plan, expected result, actual results recorded via pass or fail)
Implementation, Support and Day-to-Day Management
- Creates Transport requests in compliance with CAPREIT’s promote-to-production standards
- Frequently reviews and updates the SAP Issue Log to represent current activity and status
- Acts as a back-up to the CAPREIT SAP Basis resource for promoting approved Transports between SAP environments
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving operational issues that originate from either CAPREIT’s IT Help Desk, SAP Issue Log or SAP Team Leads
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve SAP system performance and stability through ABAP by reviewing system logs, reported errors or through personal observation
- Maintains the RICEF-W catalog in terms of numbering, and status
- Performs periodic reviews of SAP operational logs that are derived from ABAP development activity; and escalates any issues or errors accordingly
- Assists in documenting development approaches, solutions and user instructions
- Reviews the design and development of work performed by external consultants to ensure they meet CAPREIT’s standards and systems development best practices
- Minimum 5-8 years SAP ABAP programming experience
- Designated – B.Sc. in Computers / Programming, or equivalent
- Minimum 5-8 years related work experience
- Technical skills include: SAP ABAP, Java, Business Intelligence or report programming
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Solid documentation and MS Office skills
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.