The Procurement Advisor will report to the Vice President, Procurement and is responsible in supporting the Procurement group with analytics, data based conclusions, recommendations and advice. He/she will design and manage the procurement lifecycle from budget to payable for select spend categories
- Develop and continuously improve reporting formats (e.g. tools and metrics)
- Creates/processes/leads Procurement planning and analysis
- Spearheads Procurement planning/budgeting by developing spend plan/budget tools, providing regular updates/analysis based on spend data
- Conducting/evaluating “what-if” analysis on various procurement spend scenarios
- Coordinates and works closely with Finance & Accounting Team and Buyers to facilitate budgeting processes, ongoing budget management, reviewing/analyzing project performance and providing insight to causes of variance
- Provide monthly reporting on defined Key Performance Indicators and other performance data relevant for the function and organization
- Provide analysis/data that assists the VP, Procurement in proactively influencing the planning processes for the organization
- Identify process gaps and work within the team and cross functionally to create improvement tactics and strategies
- Can lead, coordinate and direct periodic meetings, resolve issues and follow up on action items identified in meetings
- Consolidation of data from different type of systems to be able to provide accurate data for decisions making.
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Prepare reports according to defined criteria for dedicated working area focusing on the following:
- Spend analysis, including forecast and cost savings
- Supplier performance when it comes to Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Support development of new metrics and KPI’s as required
- Develop various models to enable quantitative analysis of different sourcing initiatives and facilitate decision making
- Proactively look for ways to innovate and evolve our analysis to be best in class including but not limited to creation and enhancement of dashboards and statistical analysis of data
- Other duties and strategic Projects, as assigned
- Post-Secondary Education with a focus on Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience
- Must have experience working in the budgeting process, forecasting, planning, etc.
- Expert Knowledge with Excel / Access to analyze large amounts of data
- Strong analytical / quantitative skills. Ability to make decisions and work under time pressure
- Solid Communication and presentation skills with prior experience presenting to middle and senior management
- Demonstrate experience with supply chain management, supplier quality systems, and awareness of industry cost drivers and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Experience with SAP, or similar ERP system
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Solid knowledge of supply chain principles, theories and processes
- Working experience using statistical analysis to answer business critical questions
- 5+ years of business experience in relevant discipline, e.g. Supply Chain Management, Sourcing, Demand Planning, Forecasting, Finance, etc.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver results
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.