Our Sr. Revenue Analysts works closely with Operations to ensure accurate Rent Rolls, A/R, Tenant Profiles, inclusive of rent/other charges, LMR Security Deposits, and Tenant Payments. This role will ensure site staff follow CAPREIT’s Revenue related Policies & Procedures and the appropriate Tenant & Landlord Legislation. This position will act as a Regional “Mentor” to the site staff on those matters.
- Ensures accurate tenant profiles through timely processing of lease corrections/changes.
- Maintains and generates lease renewals in SAP and ensures delivery to the tenants.
- Reviews and ensures proper and timely tenant terminations in SAP.
- Oversees preparation and timely submission of prior tenant collection packages (completed by either the site staff or other Regional staff member)
- Prepares late rent notice as per legislation – (N4, 10 day notices)
- Manages social housing agency contracts, inclusive of A/R reconciliation, collection and posting of monthly rent cheques from the agency – for sites in provinces other than Ontario
- Prepares and maintains Above Guideline Increase (AGI)/legislated rent reduction excel schedules for proposed and approved rates
- Enters and maintains in SAP, the legislated rent reductions/AGI/Fixation rulings and adjustments, rent billings and renewals in accordance with Tenant & Landlord legislation, inclusive of the AGI case.
- Prepares tenant correspondence (pre- and post-approval) and manages inquiries on the rent calculations related to the legislated rent reductions/AGI/Fixation rulings
- Manages the end-to-end process of transitioning utility payments to the tenant, inclusive of approval of utility bills for payment by CAPREIT, invoicing the tenant for their portion, and ensuring that tenants register with the utility company for direct billing.
Tenant Payment Reconciliation
- Prepares and updates the pre-authorized payment files.
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable for the for the issuance of tenant cheques, e.g. Rent/Other Refunds, Security Deposit Refunds, and LMR interest cheques for the region.
- Prepare bank deposit and post prior tenant collection agency cheques.
- Ensure timely resolution of deposit discrepancies between Bank and SAP.
Regional Mentor & Training
- Serve as regional “Mentor” to site staff on Revenue related matters. This includes addressing inquiries and delivering training on SAP Functions and Tenant & Landlord Legislation.
- Ensure that Regional Office and Site Staff are operating within CAPREIT’s Revenue Policies & Procedures and within the applicable Tenant & Landlord Legislation.
Revenue Analytics & Reporting
- Reviews and escalates tenant receivables metrics to MD/AVP to action
- Prepares, maintains, and monitors Revenue Analytics based on established KPIs and metrics, e.g. Turnover, Renewal, Incentives, Lease Corrections, A/R, Bad Debt, Missing Documents, Prior Tenant Collection Agency Receipts and Performance.
- Prepare account reconciliations and adjusting journal entries as required, e.g. Pseudo-Invoice reconciliation, bad debt provisions.
- Review Revenue Analytics with MD/AVP
- Reconciles tenants deposit accounts on a monthly basis
- Participate and assists in Revenue Related tasks:
- Month-End Revenue Variance explanations
- Budgeting Process
- SAP user acceptance testing, as required.
- Completes a quarter-end Revenue Analyst certification.
- Other projects as assigned by MD/AVP.
- Acquisition Process
- College diploma or University degree in Accounting, Business or a related field
- Five years multi-residential property management experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must have previous experience with SAP
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.