Title: Utility Analyst
Reports To: Utility Accounting Manager
Position Summary: The Utility Analyst position assists the Utility Accounting group and Energy team with analytics in various operational key indicators and financial reporting.
- Provide analytics on various aspects of the utility reporting including hydro sub metering tracking, metrics, and various Utility MD&A reporting.
- Maintain internal/external reporting schedules i.e. tenant sub meter status, monthly utility variance analytics for Hydro/Gas/Water.
- Rent Roll reporting for sub metering tenants.
- Work with external consultant on monthly & quarterly reporting cycle.
- Assist in the budget and forecasting of Utilities.
- Assist in finance & business teams with crucial financial metrics & key business analysis.
- Preparation of monthly account analysis, journal entries.
- Maintain proper monthly and year-end accounting working paper files.
- Assist in any quarterly and annual auditing processes as required.
- Monthly utility variance analytics for Hydro/Gas/Water.
- Review utility invoices and post into the system ensuring accuracy of payee, amount, cheque date, consumptions etc.
- Liaison with the utility companies on late payment charges and other billing issues.
- reconcile annual Utility contracts
- validate & recommend volumes for renewing utility contracts, where applicable
- Coordinate with Regional Office for tenant charge backs, where applicable.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
- Qualified CPA(CGA,CA, CMA) or close to completion;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Financial analysis and problem solving experience;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritize;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written;
- Excellent computer skills –Excel Macros, PowerPoint, SAP;
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communications;
- Real estate experiences an asset.