The Senior Business Analyst possesses excellent system selection, data integration and business analysis skills. This roles acts as the liaison between the business units and serves as the conduit between the business and the technology team to ensure the business needs are understood, documented and translated into technical requirements.
- Work closely with the business to understand business requirements and/or business issues and propose pragmatic Technology solutions that meet the requirements of the business and are consistent with Technology strategy.
- Document business requirements for enhancements to existing solutions or changes to existing functionality/processes, including solution defects, enhancements to achieve greater efficiency/streamlining and improvements to quality.
- Assist with development and maintenance of the mobile strategy
- Drive projects from concept through to implementation by working closely with the project delivery team as projects are launched, and take a quality assurance role through project delivery to ensure the focus of the original solution concept is maintained.
- Develop cost estimates and cases for solution investment appraisal and approval.
- Pro-active in identifying opportunities for Technology solutions that deliver business benefit – either through new technology opportunities or where existing solutions can be incrementally improved.
- Maintain market awareness of commercially available applications and technology that may be applicable to the business.
- Monitor technology investment, cost and value to the business and develops regular communications to share updates on Technology investment, cost and value to the business.
- Conduct communications with a high level of interpersonal and negotiation skills to build effective long-term relationships.
- Utilize negotiation and persuasion to come to agreement with others.
Education & Experience:
- University degree or College diploma in a relevant field; (Business, IT, Computer Science, Math, or Engineering)
- At least 5 years in a business analysis or equivalent role
- Demonstrated experience eliciting requirements for mobile / cloud / SaaS based solutions
- Strong process mapping skills
- Ability to multi-task, accustomed to working with minimal supervision, confident and conscientious
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.