The SAP Functional Analyst (FI/CO) role is responsible for translating SAP FI/CO concepts and requirements into functional specifications; provide expertise on SAP FI/CO functions and implement solutions using best practices and standards. The SAP Functional Analyst will be assigned to projects and other corporate initiatives according to organizational needs.
- Expert level configuration knowledge of master data, GL, AP, AR, Asset accounting with new GL features.
- Evaluates the demands in talking with the business representatives;
- Sound configuration knowledge of GL, cost elements, cost centers, profit center, internal order, and profit center/cost center accounting.
- Understands cross modules interdependency between FI, CO, MM, PS and REFX.
- Participates in the user gathering, business blueprinting and documenting designs.
- Supports production configuration and assist in the functional change requests.
- Perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions to FICO related issues.
- Performs Unit, Regression Testing and integration testing involving BPC, BW landscape.
- Train the users (or sets up proper training);
- Manage changes between SAP Environments (Dev, QAS and PRD);
- Provides 2nd. level support for any business problem;
- Serve as a functional expert mentoring Business team;
- Develop SAP financial reports.
- Work with technical teams to design SAP solutions and ensure system integrity;
- Diagnose program errors and bugs with ABAP and technical resources and provide accurate solutions or fixes.
- Monitor SAP technology trends, help identify potential improvements in efficiency and effectiveness;
- Ensure successful delivery of functions within the SAP System;
- Ensure adherence to overall CAPREIT system standards during configuration, testing and user acceptance to assure compliance with internal procedures;
- Escalates problems to SAP support (creates OSS messages, monitors messages and acts as CAPREIT representative to SAP trouble shooters;
- Other duties as assigned by reporting manager.
- University degree in Commerce/Business, Engineering or Computer Science required;
- Experience in all aspects of system implementation including Discovery, Design, Build, Test, and Post- production support;
- 5+ years of SAP FICO Functional and/or Configuration experience;
- 3+ years of experience with SAP BW/BI and BPC an asset.
- Experience on SAP conversions, legislation updates and system upgrades;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Successful experience providing assistance to clients with a customer service focus.
Please note that applications from all interested individuals are appreciated; however, we will only contact candidates that are selected for an interview.
CAPREIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.