Ranked as one of Canada’s Best Employers for seven consecutive years, CAPREIT is not only Canada’s largest publicly traded provider of quality rental housing, but we are also one of the best places to work! Over the past 25 years CAPREIT has achieved incredible growth in portfolio size, while delivering industry leading returns for our unit holders. Operating a portfolio of over seventeen billion dollars in assets today, our ambitious, and proactive team of professionals bring enthusiasm, innovation, and commitment to serve our residents across Canada and Europe!
Supporting CAPREIT’s global operations, the Business Intelligence and Data Management team is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and introducing data and analytics products within CAPREIT to facilitate investment decisions, improve operating efficiency, and monitor performance. Do you dream of being able to unleash the power of data and analytics to improve business outcomes? We would love to hear from you!
The Business Intelligence and Data Management team is seeking a capable candidate with strong technical and analytics skills for the position of Data Analytics Developer. The role is responsible for a wide range of data science and analytics related duties within the team. The developer will play a pivotal role in the design and creation of analytics products that would meet business requirements and create demonstratable business value. This position is for a 1-year full-time contract, with the possibility of conversion to a permanent position at the end of the contracted period.
- Design and create advanced analytics solutions using Azure and SAP suite of tools
- Demonstrate leadership in showcasing to business stakeholders the role that data and analytics solutions can play in creating business value
- Create analytics insights and answer business questions using internal, as well as publicly available data through tools such as Azure Databricks, Synapse Analytics or Azure ML Studio
- Design and build statistical and data science-based models for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics initiatives
- Choosing the appropriate model, tools, and algorithm for the initiative and conduct hyper-parameter tuning for the chosen methodology
- Assist with designing data ingestion and storage processes such as through Azure Data Factory, logics/function apps, Azure SQL, and other similar services
- Assist other developers in building visuals such as Power BI dashboards to interpret results of developed models for internal customers
- Evaluate existing query design, data structure, and data quality to provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform quality assurance and code reviews on existing products and documentation
- University degree or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or another quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience with Python ML development, with special preference for programming proficiency in NLP, deep learning, and recommender systems
- 2-3 years of experience of working with SQL and big data tools such as PySpark/SparkML
- 2-3 years of experience with Azure resources such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Function Apps, and Azure Databricks
- Experience with SAP ERP/BW/BPC suite, Power BI, Git/Azure DevOps, and JIRA would be an asset
- High proficiency in Microsoft suite of office applications
- Creative, innovative, and critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills