Title: Project Coordinator, Technical Services
Reports to: Project Manager, Technical Services
Assist in the preparation of condition audits, project fee estimates, repair specifications, budgets, and schedules. Coordinate with engineers, vendors, contractors, Project Managers, and internal stakeholders to ensure project rollout is efficient, timely and within budget. Conduct site inspections to ensure repair work is performed to CAPREIT’s standards and conforms to all relevant codes. Assist the Project Manager with all PM functions on assigned envelope rehabilitation projects.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, project managers and internal stakeholders to determine repair specifications for a project.
- Provide budget estimates for a proposed project.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed to ensure quality control and work is carried out in accordance with contract documents.
- Evaluate project progress and provide progress reports at recommended intervals.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Technical Services to assist in the preparation and creation of scopes for repair/construction work & tender documents.
- Carry out Condition Audits, property inspections and provide analysis and assist in the preparation of capital expenditure budgets.
- Must be fluent in French
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- General understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Ability to report and remedy deficiencies, material discrepancy and/or improper installations when observing active construction projects.
- Strong planning, communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with ability to work with a variety of internal and external partners.
- Post-secondary education in Structural Engineering, Building Science, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with flat roof systems is preferred
- Designation is an asset.
- Relevant experience with carrying out investigative building reviews, project management and quality control of restoration and construction projects.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal operational and management teams and external associates and vendors.