Reports To: Senior Director, Technical Services
Provides program delivery and business expertise for the Unit Refurbishment program delivered to CAPREIT Operations Units by the following:
- Assisting in the development of standards and specification including implementation, and execution of contracts with innovative approaches based on building maintenance and capital needs and industry best practice;
- Develops with Procurement and other Business units a contract framework that reduces cost at an appropriate risk level to meet Operational needs including the administration of contracts that will improve effectiveness and accountability of contractors and local staff;
- Directing and overseeing program goals including standards, service levels, high performance, and standard response times for program components to maintain a consistent and a high standard, of customer service;
- Providing program and technical support for decision making to Operation Managers, building managers, and building operators to resolve delivery issues;
- Assisting with the ongoing management of contractors/supplier’s contracts and vendor relations including resolution of contractual issues for building managers;
- Providing technical support and assist with internal departments for policy and procedure development and implementation at the operations level;
- Working closely with Managing Directors and internal departments to develop annual CapEx budgets, with a focus on effective delivery to meet goals;
- Instituting corporate inspection and evaluation processes for performance assessment
- Identification of applicable training needs and the development and delivery of training programs which ensure standards and compliance is maintained;
- Participates in the development and ongoing use of appropriate systems and technology to support the service plan to maximize innovation and reduce costs. Systems include: computer-based tracking systems and database management ;
- Keeps abreast of market development and assesses their opportunity value for CAPREIT;
- Keep abreast with market pricing to support unit pricing;
- Manage performance using metrics
- Producing management reports on program performance and key indicators;
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director, Technical Services
- Trade certification, background in building sciences, technical education, related experience;
- Working knowledge of, but not limited to, residential building construction and unit finishes , Provincial Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety legislation including asbestos and applicable codes
- Computer skills, Excel, Word, Teams, and keyboarding.
- Supervisory experience;
- Organized and able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication.
- Be on call 24/7 for escalations and respond to major emergencies.