Technical Services Coordinator Position Description
Title: Technical Services Coordinator
Reports To: Technical Services Manager
Provides program delivery and business expertise for technical services delivered to CAPREIT Operations Units by the following:
- Assisting in the implementation and execution of service plans with buildings & equipment’s maintenance, following industry best practices.
- Inspections of all buildings on an ongoing basis and report issues to Technical Services Manager (TSM).
- Coordinate with TSM, Operations Managers (OM), and building staff by appropriate methods to resolve building system operational issues.
- Ensure all life safety certificates and equipment operating permits are in good standing and accurately recorded in company records.
- Ensure all maintenance and equipment’s service records are up to date and accurate.
- Directing, overseeing and monitoring maintenance staff and service technicians in maintenance functions, repair & services, work safety, and customer service.
- Providing technical support for decision making to operations.
- Assist in developing standards and specification for capital and operating repairs and services
- Assist with major renovations projects.
- Providing technical support and assist with internal departments for policy and procedure development and implementation at the operational level.
- Assist the Technical Services Manager in developing annual CAPEX budgets, with a focus on effective delivery to meet goals.
- Provide feedback on the development and effectiveness of the on-site maintenance capability for operations units, including the identification of any applicable training needs and development.
- Participate in the development and ongoing use of appropriate systems and technology to support the services plan to maximize innovation and cost reduce. System include computer-based maintenance system and building monitoring systems.
- Ensure building work practices comply with all applicable laws & regulations, city codes and other requirements.
- Assist the Technical Services Manager in the ongoing evaluation of activities, structure, development of staff and contracts within the Property Improvement Contract.
- Provide support in training site staff on systems, components, required inspection, and record keeping for HVAC, electrical, fire and emergency, interior/exterior building systems and components, health & safety and any other related building maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Services Manager
- Completion of or working towards trade certification in gas, refrigeration, or building services;
- Background in building sciences including experience with boilers, plumbing, electrical, hydronic systems, building structure, and roofs;
- Certificate course in electrical or mechanical fields will be considered an asset, minimum of Power Engineering Class 5;
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in building or facility maintenance, construction experience will be considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of, but not limited to, the National Fire Code, Provincial Fire Code, Federal and Provincial Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety legislation including asbestos, and TSSA;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Supervisory experience;
- Organized and able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent communication; and,
- Be on call for system failure escalations and to respond to major emergencies.