Position Summary: A newly minted department, the ESG group is growing and looking to add its first ESG Analyst role who will make an important contribution to CAPREIT’s growing commitment to world class ESG-related performance. Working alongside the Director, ESG Strategy Integration, the ESG Analyst will work closely with CAPREIT’s Operations team in Canada, Ireland and Netherlands in supporting all aspects of CAPREIT’s ESG strategy integration and stakeholder engagement.
- Company-wide analysis of ESG KPIs and stakeholder engagement.
- Contributing to drafting sustainability/ESG/impact content and reports for clients, internal and external stakeholders; including engagement with other internal teams (i.e: Operations, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, etc.).
- Identify and gather ESG data and assist with drafting of content and responses for CAPREIT’s annual and other disclosure-related reports including corporate ESG disclosure frameworks (i.e. GRESB, GRI, CDP, MSCI, Sustainalytics, TCFD, DJSI, etc.)
- Supporting and, as directed, leading innovative ESG integration projects to support CAPREIT’s objectives.
- Support the development of the CAPREIT’s ESG policies, guidelines and best practices.
- Support the development of the CAPREIT’s ESG/Risk Management information system.
- Other duties and project management assignments, as directed.
- Strong research, analytics and critical thinking skills.
- Participate in continuous information exchange with internal and external resources and stakeholders.
- Use of modern technologies to access and circulate information.
- Interpret the outcome of analysts’ reports related to reporting frameworks and disclosure requirements and standards for Canada and Europe.
- Clearly and accurately document and convey key findings, formally and informally, providing necessary supporting facts and analysis, and makes appropriate recommendations.
Communication and Relationship Building:
- Ability to identify, interpret and document relevant and accurate quantitative and qualitative data to provide well thought-out recommendations and produce insightful reports.
- Ability to effectively and quickly establish and maintain collaborative relationships and build trust with key stakeholders.
- Effectively influences, persuades and motivates others; establishes personal power base built on mutual trust, expertise, and honesty.
Organization and Planning
- Strong organizing and planning skills.
- Ability to manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Looks for efficiencies in the department’s activities and where appropriate, identifies the relevant data sources and technology to streamline team efforts.
- Adjusts to changing priorities appropriately by displaying flexibility and willingness to reorganize department activities.
- Personal resilience and flexibility; the ability to respond proactively to situations.
- ESG/sustainability analysis gained in an investment context, or;
- Sustainability experience gained within a corporate or a consulting practice.
- Strategic flair, the ability to influence and to improve performance.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are essential.
- University degree in sustainability management, business/commerce, finance, or other relevant disciplines with a basic knowledge of the investment, consulting and/or commercial real estate industry.
- 3 -5 years of work-related experience required.
- Experience in financial services, environmental sciences, engineering or pension industry is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of corporate governance, social, and environmental issues, preference for climate change expertise.
- A postgraduate degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation would be an asset.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite is essential
- French language skills would be an asset