The Internal Audit team plays an important role at CAPREIT in providing independent and objective assurance and advisory services in relation to processes and controls which are in place to ensure the business meets its objectives.
As a member of the Internal Audit team, you will support the NI 52-109 compliance process, which entails evaluating the operating effectiveness of key business, financial and information technology controls impacting financial reporting. You will also assist in providing oversight of control testing carried out for our operations in Ireland and the Netherlands, in relation to their respective governance requirements. Additionally, you will also play a key role in directing and reviewing site audits at our various properties across Canada. As we develop the internal audit plan further, you will have an opportunity to play a role in internal audit engagements with a focus on key strategic business processes.
We are looking for a business-minded professional with excellent analytical and communication skills to join the team. We offer competitive compensation and benefits with opportunities to develop your career.
• Assisting the Director, Internal Audit in the development and execution of a risk based internal audit plan
• Interacting with management in various areas of the business in relation to the design of processes and internal controls to ensure mitigation of key risks
• Assisting the Director, Internal Audit with the scoping, supervision and review of testing of key business, financial and information technology controls surrounding financial reporting in order to support NI 52-109/Bill 198 compliance
• Providing oversight for control testing surrounding our Ireland and Netherlands businesses
• Coordinating and overseeing the execution of the site audit process at various properties across the country and reviewing the results with the Operations team and management
• Assisting in executing risk based audit projects identified in the Internal Audit Plan in strategic areas of the business, under the direction of the Director, Internal Audit.
• Identifying opportunities for improvements in business processes, as well as, more efficient risk based audit practices
• Providing assistance with special reviews or projects requested by the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees or management
• CPA and/or CIA designation required
• 5 years of work experience in an audit environment (preferably internal audit), including experience with supervising individuals and teams
• Experience in real estate and development would be a valuable asset
• Ability to analyze and conceptualize business risks, processes and internal controls coupled with an inquisitive and critical thinking mindset
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, as well, interpersonal skills along with experience in preparing audit reports and presentations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SAP
• Knowledge of governance, risk and compliance software applications, as well as, data analytics tools would be an asset