The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the development, implementation and management of Investor Relations strategies and initiatives across CAPREIT and ERES REITS, as well as other stakeholder relations as required. This collaboratively minded role will work with many departments across the organization as well as stakeholder groups to achieve consistency and alignment across our internal and external communications.
- Be the key point of contact for CAPREIT on incoming IR inquiries, maintaining a high response rate and building a knowledge base for the organization.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key institutional and individual investors and analysts, ensuring proper relationship management, communications and information is being given and gathered on behalf of CAPREIT.
- Help organize and facilitate requested investor tours across various regions and properties, ensuring Regional Operations teams are prepared with materials and checklists to conduct the tours, or when needed being a support on the tours themselves.
- Support Public Relations and proactive earned media initiatives as well as the the creation of a response strategy and crisis management plan across CAPREIT
- Organization and event management of quarterly investor calls, investment bank days, and our annual investor tours.
- Ensure that CAPREIT is represented across Canada and the industry at large through conferences and various associations.
- Collaborate with Digital Strategy to ensure consistent and up to date development and management of IR content across our owned digital channels.
- Collaborate and be the bridge between finance, operations and CEO office to develop content and create consistency of our IR voice across; Annual reports, pitch books, investor tour materials and all other IR communications at large.
- Develop, nurture and manage other stakeholder relations including; Government and Association relations, Tenant associations, Charitable organizations(i.e. government) on an adHoc basis as required.
- Review and synthesize industry papers, legislative updates and other pertinent information to update and deliver overview to the executive team as needed.
- College or University graduate, with a degree in Organizational Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related courses;
- 5-7 years in Corporate Communications or Public Relations;
- Exceptional communications skills and command of the English language, both oral and written;
- Investor Relations experience for a asset management or publically-traded company, with knowledge of its governance procedures.
- Event management experience an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated understanding of different organizational communication channels for stakeholder relations disciplines;
- Able to build relationships and interact confidently across all levels of an organization and across various stakeholder groups;
- French fluency considered an asset
- Project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent knowledge in Communication Content Development;
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; preparation of presentation materials and speaking notes;
- Strong technical and computer skills are required and should include MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Social Media communications understanding and knowledge;